Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Oriental Coleslaw

Coleslaw Preparation

Cast of Green Characters


Green Cabbage

Green Onions

Green Sugar Snap Peas



Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Ramen Noodles

The full recipe is posted on my Xanga site along with a photo of the finished product.

Boy! Using a food processor makes this recipe easier. The almonds are roasting in my toaster oven.







Sometimes grated cabbage is available at the grocery store, but I prefer a finer grind :)







Hand chopping doesnt bother me and it allows for better control of the shapes.








Last but not least is preparation of the dressing, which I do in my blender. I skip the sugar, an ingredient found in most slaw recipes. It seems like an easy way to cut back on calories. That's 2/3 C safflower oil and 1/3 cup white wine vinegar for 2 packets of Ramen seasoning.













Usually there are leftovers of this wonderful salad.

Here's how they become useful: I'm planning to add 1 C of slaw to 2 C chopped Romaine plus some leftover rib-eye steak, a handful of Bleu Cheese, a cuke, and some cherry tomatoes. Serve with a bit of French bread and a glass of Merlot.

Voila! Bon Appetit!

Edit: Photo here :)

How are you using leftovers at your house?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, leftovers here. We have plenty of pork leftover from the wedding. I served it to the 30+ folks here on Sunday, and with still more leftovers, I'm fixing Brunswick Stew for supper. We're celebrating a 16th birthday here, so the girls have baked a chocolate cake. They even baked cookies for their brother to take to school tomorrow...his actual birthday anniversary date.

    ReplyDelete