Thursday, April 13, 2006

To My Family Doctor

A woman's work is never done
That's what they always say,
But what about your Doctor
Where does he end his day?
His day starts with an office full
Of people who complain,
And need to give the small details
Of all their aches and pains

When office hours are over
You'd think that would be all,
Then he sits down for dinner
And here comes that frantic call:
"My baby has a fever,"
"My husband has a cough,"
"My big toe hurts so badly
Could you PLEASE just cut it off"

We really haven't got a clue
Of the things he must endure,
While listening to our problems
And seeking out a cure,
Let's be kind to our Doctor
Cause it's not an easy life,
So have compassion for him
And sympathy for his wife.

by Linda Brown
copyright 2004

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear! I have a brother by birth and a brother (Christian) in our church who are physicians. Their wives are women I admire *immensely*. It is a difficult thing when so many pressure pull at the man you love.

    ReplyDelete