Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday Weddings

















Twenty-eight years ago Thanksgiving weekend, we gathered to witness the marriage of one of my sisters.

I had married the Christmas before.

See me there on the left?






In fact, I think most of my siblings married around the holidays. Two of us at Christmastime (five years apart), one at New Years, another at Memorial Day. I guess the convenience of an extra day off helps with scheduling.

So far, one of our daughters has married at Labor Day, another at Christmas (on our anniversary ;-)).

In 2010, I have four nephews getting married.




First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes the baby
in the baby carriage!

3 comments:

  1. who's the 4th nephew? Ken's? or did I miss something? You got a cousin getting married in 2010 also. big year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ken's nephew, Jonathan got engaged at Tgiving and they're looking around Labor Day 2010, for a wedding date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana!
    You have a new name on your blog! Thanks for visiting. Our anniversary is 12/29....31 yrs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete