Friday, September 28, 2012

Curves Circuit Training

Top 10 reasons I exercise at Curves ~

 Safety -
 The location is well-lit and close to home.  I feel comfortable driving home even after dark.
All Girls
 I just feel less self-conscious exercising around women.
Climate Control
Neither inclement winter weather nor scorching summer heat impedes my workout.
Plus the HVAC is pretty consistent indoors :-)
Camaraderie
I've made some friends who help make the task more enjoyable.
Weight Control
Losing pounds was never my first priority.  But after 2 1/2 years of consistent training, my shape is firmer. I've only lost 6 pounds, but that includes 2% body fat.  Update: 2017 - I lost 6 more pounds after writing this post and have been able to keep it off by continuing with the Curves Circuit.
Improved sleep
On the days that I exercise I am less likely to wake up in the middle of the night.
Improved metabolism
Lab results to prove my numbers.
Improved mood
If perhaps I arrive at the club a little out-of-sorts, I always leave feeling better... even accomplished
Improved digestion
Indigestion/gastritis symptoms are fewer and far between.
Low-pressure sales
The staff doesn't push products.  Even though there are clothes, vitamins, protein powder, etc displayed prominently, I appreciate that I don't feel compelled to buy.   2017 pdate:  I have enjoyed snacking on Curves bars and wearing a couple of pieces of their clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment