Saturday, January 27, 2024

WORD OF THE YEAR - HEART

 


As a follow-up to the practicality of last year's word (steward),
 I am focusing on what informs that Biblical action: a heart properly connected to the Creator ~







Per habit, an acrostic

H = HELP
E = EMPOWER
A = ABIDE
R = REVIVE
T = TRANSFORM

With these I will do Scripture-based word studies and also focus on Psalm 119:  the very foundation for connecting one's heart to the Creator.

Not only will I read Psalm 119 methodically, but also will search for  hymns/lyrics based on these verses.  Daily readings from Charles Bridges' commentary on Psalm 119 are already underway.
Re-listening to a JCMIII Psalm 119 series:  The Christian's Delight at Sermonaudio and referencing commentaries by Thomas Manton, John Calvin, and Matthew Henry supplement my study.

At church, Pastor Jess is preaching through Corinthians, so I will attempt to integrate his sermons with my personal devotions.  In addition, I hope to read up on the life and times of the Corinthians: biography of the Apostle Paul (for example, historical fiction byTaylor Caldwell and movie _Peter and Paul_)

That sounds like a good start for  2024 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment