Friday, September 02, 2011

Fashion on Friday:Honeysuckle

Meet the Pantone 2011 Color of the Year ~ Courageous, confident, and vital!

Over the summer I tried to incorporate this color into my wardrobe even while recognizing that *pink* is not one of my favorites.

It can easily make me look washed out and tired, unless I'm wearing the right foundation and blush. So in an effort to stay fashionable and not look fatigued, I tended to accessorize with honeysuckle.


For example, OPI's *Party in My Cabana* rescued my toenails.

.
Cover Girl *Rose Pearl* on my lips coordinated the look and made all the other pink shades in my closet reflect Pantone's selection.


Finally, here's how I pulled it together for the annual photo shoot.



The blouse is *OLD*, so much so that one of my daughters suggested I not wear it.  I reminded her that seersucker never goes out of style  ;-)

Now that Fall is fast approaching, Honeysuckle remains on the palette.

I look forward to the challenge of making it work in my winter wardrobe.

2 comments: