Sunday, April 26, 2015
Vows: Church Membership
Vows for Admission of persons to Sealing Ordinances:
1. Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
2. Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
3. Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
4. Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
5. Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
On xx September 1979, I answered these questions affirmatively when I joined Chalcedon Presbyterian Church, Atlanta, GA. I believe it was a transfer of church membership from St James Anglican Church, Atlanta, GA, where I was confirmed on 8 March 1970 (age 11y11m).