Saturday, October 09, 2004

Interior Decoration, Chapter Five

Today I am rereading Mrs. Schaeffer's chapter on interior decoration, which is defined on page 66, as *anything we do with the place where we are living for any length of time at all.*

This broad generalization gives me comfort as I am slow to make decorating decisions. This frustrates my children and probably my husband, who does not complain. If I had to fall back on a decorating mantra, it would be *Cleanliness is next to godliness.* That translates into keeping my home *clean and orderly* over *precisely appointed.* Plainly, I must learn to ignore the pink fabric on the wing chair, the color of which doesnt match my scheme, and be thankful that we have a lovely piece on which to sit.

All that said, I must announce a decorating *find.* Two needlepoint pillows on sale at half price! I had noticed them last winter and passed them up unsure that they would *match.* Now that I am pleased with the way they look in on my sofa, I think I will wrap them up and give them to me for Christmas.

Before I do, however, would you like to join me for tea this afternoon in my living room. Say around four?

No comments:

Post a Comment