Thursday, February 17, 2005

For the lovers of Almond Flavoring

Plantation Almond Tea

3 family sized tea bags steeped in 8C boiling water for 15 mins. Sweeten with 1.5 to 2 C sugar. Stir until all of sugar is dissolved. Add 1/2 C freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, and 1 tsp pure almond extract (no imitations, please!) Add cold water to make one gallon (about 7 more cups). Serve over ice with a sprig of mint.

Lately I have been enjoyed Bigelow's English Breakfast Tea. It's better than Twinings. I drink my tea black, while I eat a banana. Yum. Or sometimes I will have a Power Bar. I like the Oatmeal Raisin ones.

What did you have for breakfast today?

2 comments:

  1. WHAT??? you eat bananas????

    today, I'm having oatmeal with a little brown sugar on it. My oatmeal is just cooked with water, but for the children I add a bit of butter...it stays with them longer that way. Often I have a protein smoothie made with water, protein powder (lots - yum!), and frozen strawberries. Sometimes I eat a piece of homemade breaded toasted, spread with butter, then spread with some homemade plum/cherry preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise! Yes! I eat bananas! For about twenty years now I have enjoyed them. I know you are perplexed since I didnt *prefer* them as a child. Moma still tells that story about my declining banana pudding one night and causes a *dessert mutiny*

    I like my oatmeal(cooked in water, too) with brown sugar AND raisins. Yummm.

    Another surprise would be how much I enjoy eggs: hard boiled, poached, fried, scrambled. They are a favorite any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete