Friday, April 06, 2007

Wounds of a Friend

Chorus
Faithful are the wounds of a friend:
It is so good, this pain I'm feeling!
Thankful for the wounds of a friend.
There are no scars with love's strong healing.

Many are the kisses of my enemies
So empty is their flattery, oh-o.
I know I can count on you to speak the truth in love,
'Cause I know how much you care for me.

Chorus

I know the truth is sometimes hard to tell
And the truth is always hard to take, oh-o
I know I can count on you to speak the truth in love
And I know its only for my sake.

Chorus

Many are the kisses of my enemies
Only shallow compliments they throw, oh-o.
I know I can count on you to speak the truth in love
'Cause I know you want to help me grow

Faithful are the wounds of a friend
I'm so thankful for the wounds of a friend.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend.

Copyright 1990 Judy Rogers

Judy is a singer/songwriter whom I have the pleasure of knowing. There are several Proverbs about the wounds of a friend, but I'm guessing this song is based on 27:6
.
I suppose in the poetry world, these lyrics would be considered free verse, which is not my favorite form. However, setting Bible verses/concepts to music helps me remember them. When my children were young, we listened to all of her music. This particular song is on the Stand Up CD, which is on sale this month.

Check out her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment