Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow and Personality in Georgia



This second snowfall this year was wetter and really didnt last very long on the ground despite the fact that it snowed for four hours.






At the warmest time of the day (35 @ 3p), DD#4 and I headed out for a walk in our neighborhood.





This is my default walking spot, but it is rather arduous because of the hills.



There about about twelve ups and downs.









Here I am at the top of that hill which is about 2/3 of the way through the jaunt which takes 45 minutes.












Not only did I feel accomplished for braving the elements, but also I felt elated from having the motivation to clean out my closet!

Now does that fit with my personality type?

Your Personality is the Most Common (ISTJ)

Your personality type is disciplined, realistic, predictable, and honest.


About 14% of all people have your personality, including 9% of all women and 17% of all men.

You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging.


ISTJ


Do you pay attention to this stuff?

Added later: coincidentally Elisabeth Elliot's devotional talks about personality testing. Here's the link.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! That's my personality type, too! Several years ago I had to take the Myers-Briggs test along with a bunch of other Marine wives. It was pages and pages long, and then a psychologist took them all, scored them, then several days later gave us our scores (and types) and spent a day explaining all the personality tyoes to us, and gave us pointers on how to work with others NOT of our own personality types. It was informative and fascinating, and I really *was* able to use that information over the following year or two when working with other wives on various projects and functions.

    And we ISTJs are steady, dependable, and loyal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we read through the weaknesses of each type that really told the tail. I don't especially like psychology or trust it but my kids thought the description of me was uncanny.

    Dana, this does sound like you especially the disciplined part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration, Dana!!!

    I would LOVE to be your walking partner.

    ReplyDelete