Friday, June 25, 2010

Fashion on Fridays:Turquoise


Meet the 2010 Color of the Year!

Dont take my word for it, read all about it in this Pantone Color Report announcement.

I have always loved this color, but not been bold enough to wear it always.

Imagine a seafoam turquoise like Carribean resort waters, not the southwest American Indian blue turquoise.

True to the premise of my fashion outlook - I focus primarily on what is already in my closet - I'm promoting the idea of refreshing my wardrobe s.i.m.p.l.y.

Choosing the right color is the answer!

While these capris are new (for the upcoming family reunion), I recently wore an old navy blue linen suit with a turquoise T-shirt instead of the standard *white* - and felt more stylish.

So, identifying a new(er) color or hue is sooooo much more economical that purchasing skirts/pants in the newer cuts and styles every few years.  There are always over ten fashion colors to choose from.  Surely you can find one that you like.

Furthermore, consider updating with accessories: like a watch with a colorful band or a new pocketbook.

Make a statement.



  










Afterall, handbags are like girlfriends ~ one is never enough!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I think Elizabeth Goudge's best books are the Damerosehay trilogy, but those books aren't easy to find. The Dean's Watch is considered one of her classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - I LOVE the idea of pairing navy blue with turquoise. That's a bold new idea! I like to wear turquoise with yellow, hot pink, and plum. As I get older, my colors get louder.

    Love that handbag!

    ReplyDelete