Saturday, November 27, 2004

Trifle

Every hostess needs to perfect this elegant dessert for three reasons:
  1. It can be made ahead.
  2. It is easy to prepare.
  3. It makes a pretty presentation.
The basis of this particular trifle is a leftover 8" square brownie cake which has been in my freezer for several months. Even though today is Saturday, I am thinking about this dessert for Tuesday. On hand I have the kirsch (cherry liqueur), fruit preserves, and toasted almonds. I will purchase some fresh cherries on Monday and perhaps a can of thickened pie cherries for backup. I will make a rich, boiled custard and store until ready to assemble. The whipping cream will be done at the last minute. For this task, I highly recommend chilling the mixing bowl and beaters.

If you have time, read this article.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,

    Hooray, I just noticed that comments are now enabled!

    Your trifle post is very timely! I need to bring a dessert to a dinner on Friday, and I've been thinking of trying to make a trifle for the first time, partly because I've always wanted a good excuse to buy a trifle bowl. ;-) A friend of mine once made a yummy (and gorgeous) trifle for us, and I've wanted to try one ever since. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete