Sunday, January 02, 2005

Pot Providence

Weekly after church there is a congregational dinner for those who want to stay plus visitors are always invited. I like to bring fresh vegetables, as those always seem to be in short supply.
This week I *supplied* a spinach salad (mushrooms, mandarin oranges, vinagrette); steamed carrots; brussel sprouts in lemon sauce, AND (drum roll please) homemade chocolate cake.

Today's fashion flare is a new brooch. You know, those large, gaudy looking ones that are so stylish now. Mine is full of green stones. It reminds me of my great aunt, Beulah! aka Baba. I wore it on a purple wool flannel jacket with matching pleated skirt, green apple-colored silk turtleneck, and a 35 year old silk scarf (greens, pinks, purples). Where is the digital camera when you really need one?

No comments:

Post a Comment