Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Book Table
Dark Torte by Deborah Mott Davidson
The Turning Angel by Greg Iles
What No One Tells the Bride by Marg Stark
Heart by Gail Godwin
Coot Club by Arthur Ransome
Too Soon to Say Good-bye by Art Buchwald
The Intelligent Woman's Guide to Conservatism by Russell Kirk
St Elmo by Augusta Jane Evans
Life Studies by Susan Vreeland
Redeeming the Time by Russell Kirk
Ex Libris by Ross King
The Judgment of Paris by Ross King
Fifty Celebrate Fifty by More Magazine


A dozen or so books to keep me entertained for the next few weeks.

And a quote, first seen at Quiet Life, then recogized at Writer's Almanac today, where Goethe is remembered because it's his birthday.

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

3 comments:

  1. You have a few there I've enjoyed: Ex Libris; St. Elmo; Dark Torte: and Coot Club; but I've never read the two by Russell Kirk you have. Will you post a short review later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short review on Kirk is done.

    What did you think of St Elmo? When did you read it? Have you read any of her others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read St. Elmo in August of 1997. I'd say it's kind of an Elsie Dinsmore for grown women. Somewhat similar to Stepping Heavenward. I enjoyed it. Although I haven't re-read it, I did think enough of it to buy an old copy I found at a library book sale a few years ago.

    I've not read any of her others. If you do, please post a review, or at least tell me if they are worth reading!

    ReplyDelete