Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Day Before April

The day before April
Alone, alone,
I walked in the woods
And sat on a stone.

I sat on a broad stone
And sang to the birds.
The tune was God's making
But I made the words.

by Mary Carolyn Davies


Just wondering if y'all are all ready for National Poetry Month?

I couldn't wait so I highlighted one today here and over on my Xanga site.

Photo is of Sixes Mill, where I will be taking my walk this afternoon. For the purpose of *truth in advertising*, I should tell you that it is cloudy and overcast today - not sunny like in the picture.

Update:
Rain drops were falling at 6p when I was ready to walk, so I'm postponing this excursion for Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. But what a lovely picture! And I like both of the poems you posted, too!

    ReplyDelete