Friday, March 13, 2009

Fashion on Friday


I'm really sticking my neck out here...

Giggle.

The big question?

Should I have photographed the necklace by itself on black velvet?

Or given you this glorious shot of my 50-year-old neck?

Nora Ephron, here I come honey!




Actually the issue at hand is to prepare my wardrobe for Spring and Summer and in my effort throw off the winter doldrums, I wore this statement necklace earlier this week.

I bought it about five years ago at a jewelry party and find that it makes certain outfits really standout. I doubt there's another exactly like it, but you will see in the stores now a plethora of big jewelry.

Wear some.

Accessorize.

It will make you feel better.




PS Just to give you encouragement and let you know that you can wear a something like this even if you're staying at home all day.... the cutest rendition of the style I've seen lately? A middle-aged women wearing jeans, a turquoise zip-up sweatshirt, with a colorful, beady necklace.

Just do it!

Take a picture, too.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that necklace. Kind of wish I had one but I'm not sure what I'd wear with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you have a pretty *statement* necklace in creams/browns? Have you had a chance to wear it recently?

    ReplyDelete