Saturday, August 23, 2008

Chicken Marsala

I love this recipe!

It is sooooo easy.

This time I used muscadine wine.

And baked it in the oven for the final ten minutes, because my frying pan wasnt big enough.

Credit goes to the Olive Garden Restaurant.







Ingredients

4 ea Chicken half-breast, boneless & skinless
1/4 cup(s) Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
4 Tbsp Oil
4 Tbsp Butter (or margarine)
1 cup(s) Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup(s) Marsala wine


Procedures

Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper until about 1/4" even-thickness

Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano, blend

Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shake off excess

Heat oil and butter in frying pan over medium heat.

Cook the breasts on medium heat for about two minutes on the first side, until lightly brown

Turn breasts over to second side to cook, add the mushrooms around the chicken breasts

Cook breasts about two more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side, stir the mushrooms

When lightly browned, add Marsala around the chicken pieces, cover and simmer for about ten minutes

Transfer to serving plate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on a very strict low carb and even low cal diet right now and I was looking for a recipe for chicken marsala. I found one from Carraba's restaurant. I need to try one or both!

    ReplyDelete