Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Corned Beef and Cabbage


Call me impatient.

I couldnt wait any longer.

Even though St Patrick's Day is not until March 17th,


I've already enjoyed the traditional fare once this past Sunday.

Now I'm looking forward to planned-overs tonight!


I braised the corned brisket (for three hours on Saturday morning in a dutch oven filled with water) and wrapped it in aluminum foil for Sunday's re-heating (with the time bake function on my oven.)



Then I used some of the liquid (stock) in the pressure cooker to steam the potatoes, onions, and carrots.






I re-heated the veggies while I was at church on Sunday by using a timer attached to the crockpot?








See the cabbage there in the background.... on the far left?

I did wait until we got home from church to fix that. 

After slicing the head of cabbabe into big chunks, I steamed it in the pressure cooker with approximately 1 cup of stock.


Here's a link to the Irish Soda Bread recipe complete with photo.

A Cavit Pinot Noir complimented the flavorful meal.

Dessert, you wonder?

Georgia Peaches I'd *put up* last August, then served with Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream, a Pecan Sandie Cookie and a cup of Starbucks Verona Coffee.

What's your favorite way to celebrate St Patrick's Day?

2 comments:

  1. YUM. Our meal was similar, of course, and we also enjoyed a bottle of red (compliments of our friend and dinner-guest, Lisa), although I seem to have discarded the bottle and don't remember the name! For shame. I will have to keep better track of the bottles like Patrick does... He saves EVERY single bottle of beer he drinks and ONLY discards them once he has recorded them in his beer journal!

    ReplyDelete