Friday, February 23, 2007

Fashion Friday
















In anticipation of Spring and the need for a boost as Winter drags on, I purchased this colorful jacket about four weeks ago...for only $10!! Yesterday was warmer than usual (70) and sunny, so I thought I could get away with wearing this Spring Jacket in February. Paired with brown pinwale corduroy pants and and off-white turtleneck, I was dressed for work or play :)

Look around in your closet and join me in posting future Fashion Friday entries. The idea is to highlight something in your wardrobe, not necessarily new, but something to which you have given a new twist.

I am thinking of clothing and fashion in the context of *creativity* as Mrs. Schaeffer mentions in her chapter entitled *Clothing* in The Hidden Art of Homemaking.

Think of the flowers, the lilies of the field, which do not do any work to gain anything, the they are more beautifully clothed than King Solomon when he was at the height of glory. Therefore, if God can so beautifully clothe the flowers of the field, which only last a short time and then are cut down, how much more shall He clothe you, oh you of little faith.

2 comments:

  1. I do not put enough thought into my wardrobe. Perhaps this is from spending so much time at home.
    You have piqued my interest, Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I need a to encourage myself in the art of creating beauty in my home, Edith Schaeffer's Hidden Art is one book I go to find on my bookshelf.

    Have a beautiful day!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete