Thursday, April 17, 2008

Brownie Smile Song

I've something in my pocket.
It belongs across my face,
And I keep it very close at hand
In a most convenient place.

I'm sure you couldnt guess it
If you guessed a long, long while,
So, I'll take it out and put it on -
It's a great big Brownie Smile!!


Words by Harriett F. Heywood


Today is *Poem in Your Pocket Day* and this is the one I'm carrying around and sharing.

I hope it brings back fond memories for you AND makes you smile.



Added later: Even though this is a children's song/poem, I find it applicable to me as an adult.

There's nothing like a smile.

Here are some additional beauty tips I'll be carrying around

....in my pocket!

3 comments:

  1. I *DO* remember that poem/song! I was a Brownie for one year - never a Girl Scout - but it was a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, Laura, I think this ditty can easily be altered, dropping the word *brownie* and inserting one's surname.

    Great lesson for young ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, in the days of my childhood before my mom and dad started having trouble and my mom stopped doing that stuff. I am so glad you mentioned Poem in a Pocket day...I will have to think on that!

    ReplyDelete