Monday, November 17, 2008

Messiah on Mondays

'Tis the season. Everywhere I turn, my blogging buddies are talking about music and which CD's they want to buy... for themselves or for others. So, in typical sheep-like fashion, I'm joining the crowd (herd).

No, really and truly, listening to music is new for me. I dont own a huge collection of CD's. I dont hum while driving or sing while showering. In fact, I struggle to remember the words to a song. And recall the name of the artist/singer? Never.

When I was ten though, I won the music class award and received an LP of Camille Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals. I listened to it over and over again. I wanted to understand it. It took some practice, but I have a special place in my musical heart for this composer.


All that to say that I'm planning to study Handel's Messiah in this fashion over the next six weeks. I heard it before, sung portions of it myself, and love hearing my daughters sing in performances of it.





Next one will be December 5th, d.v.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I will tune in to hear your perceptions. I love that particular Handel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuhh, I think I got the idea from you, Cindy.... should've given you credit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no credit!! I just love that CD. I definitely don't get credit for it :)

    ReplyDelete