Thursday, June 14, 2007

Feast on Thursday

In all my years of playing along at Donna's and answering the five questions she posts early every Friday morning, I have never (until today) googled the site for her inspiration. And now I found out the gal's a cook! Funzies!!

Ok, so, here's yesterday's dinner plate:

grilled pork tenderloin
steamed asparagus
summer squash (compliments of a patient's garden)
sauteed with a Vidalia onion
and penne pasta with homemade Vodka sauce.


Now for my answer's to last week's questions:

Appetizer
What do you consider to be the ultimate snack food?

I like snacks which are crunchy and salty, just about any kind of chip or nut. On Sunday evenings, I indulge in a huge bowl of parmesan coated freshly popped popcorn, while watching an old movie or TV show.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), about how popular is your last name?

My married name is not very common in the US. In fact, we are the only ones in our area. The name is much more popular in the UK, Canada (DH's birthplace), and Australia. It has only four letters, but most people mispronounce it

Salad
Who is your all-time favorite sitcom character, and why?

Ya know, I just never can come up with answers for questions about TV watching. The first thing that came to my mind was DH!! He's my favorite sitcom character....in the sitcom of our family life. He's the star! Plus he knows more about TV and movies than I ever will be able to retain.

Main Course
Do you shop online? If so, name some sites you like to browse for goodies.

Yes, I shop online more and more. The normal places: Amazon, LLBean, Lands End, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Macys….wherever. Most recently I found and ordered an item not usually available in the US. Just with the click of a mouse!

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I think ___________ should be ___________.

I think abortions should be illegal.

And here's a link to a very good website promoting a bill here in Georgia. We're trying to create a groundswell of support for this bill, so that when it comes to committee and a vote during our next legislative session, it will pass and we will be the first state in the Union to be pro-life.

And here's a spoonful of sugar to help that medicine go down.


Homemade Pecan Pie
compliments of DD#3


There are a couple of slices remaining. Drop by and I'll serve you some with a cup of coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Dana,
    You are such an excellent example to all of us!
    Look at all of those vegatables and teeny portion of meat.
    Now that's the smart way to eat!

    And that pie looks amazing!

    In my mind, your hubby would be a cross between Cliff Huxtable and Andy Griffith.

    I'll bet you know those two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell Ken about that combo. I think you are right. Just yesterday I listened to him tell a patient three jokes with an ease that I could never attain.

    Laughter is truly good medicine.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to your dessert answer!
    Illegal by all means.

    Your food pics look so good.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pecan pie is my favorite. Love it. Love it.

    ReplyDelete