Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Portion Distortion

This post is nothing but a bookmark for myself. I have struggled to keep my weight in line ever since I was a teenager. I learned some good lessons early on and they continue to help me wage this battle.

Every now and then I have to regroup. So, this morning I took this quiz on portion control and calorie-counting. I guessed right on the calories all the time, but misjudged how much time it would take me to burn up those calories. Guess I need to review Covert Bailey's Fit or Fat.

Another source of irritation is the way foods are marketed: with pictures of larger than life portion sizes, which distort our perspectives.

Just remember....that morning bagel?












At least four servings (of bread/grain)!!

Dinner is the most difficult meal for me to keep in proportion.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment