Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Here's the menu that's rolling around in my head.


















Roasted Turkey
Rice
Gravy
Cranberry Salad
Butternut Squash
Green Beans 'n Tomatoes
Rolls

Pecan Pie vs Italian Creme Cake









This would be a slight departure from previous years's menus, but I'm ready for it. There wont be a crowd at my house this year, but we are expecting special company.

Thanksgiving Prayer:
Isaiah 12: 4-6

Give thanks to the Lord,
call on His name;
make known among the nations
what He has done,
and proclaim
that His name is exalted.

Sing to the Lord,
for he has done glorious things
let this be known to all the world.

Shout aloud and sing for joy,
people of Zion
for great is the Holy One of Israel
among you.


Glorious Things of Thee are Spoken
Hymn 269, Blue Trinity Hymnal

5 comments:

  1. We aren't having a crowd this year either. Last year was a bit insane so I am looking forward to just enjoying my family but I will miss Nicholas and Hannah who can't come from Fl.

    Your menu looks good. How do you do the green beans and tomatoes?

    (Third try on code)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never prepared the recipe I am considering for green beans and tomatoes. I usually serve collard greens or freshly steamed pole beans.

    I saw an interesting recipe at Ree's. She's on my sidebar. Venture carefully there as she's a little brazen in her language.

    And no, I'm not brining my turkey!

    My apologies for the trouble posting a comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dans, I absolutely love Italian Cream Cake! Would you be willing to share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I am so sorry. I didnt intend to sign off as anonymous...nor did I mean to mispell your name. Apologies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, this looks wonderful

    I'm having twelve for dinner; probably traditional dishes.

    I learned something from Ree: I had never cut a butternut squash from top to bottom standing up. It's so much easier to scoop out the seeds. I adore butternut squash - it's my new favorite vegetable.

    ReplyDelete