Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

There is a center island in my kitchen and we start at the upper left hand corner with the meat and gravy and circle around serving up sidedishes.

This photo shows the serving arrangements for our meals, not just holiday ones but everyday ones.







Roasted Turkey, Gravy, Cornbread Dressing, Sweet Potato Souffle, Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Onions w/artichoke spread, and Cranberry Sauce.



Then we take a place at the table where we say a blessing, unless there are two rooms of diners in which case we gather around the food and pray then.


That's a Black Swan Shiraz/Merlot which we enjoyed.

It's always a challenge to find a red that doesnt clash with the cranberry sauce.

This one worked.

And thinking of leftovers, I bought two bottles.



Now the challenge is to remember this label next year.

Dessert was compliments of Sam's. This pecan pie was perfect a la mode on an antiques glass dessert plate. (See my FAF entry here.)
















And yes, my family thinks I'm a little nuts with all this photo-taking.

But I'm thinking family cookbook complete with illustrations.

5 comments:

  1. Dana,
    I started taking pictures yesterday and everyone started teasing me about THE BLOG.

    I love your orderly set up. We had a buffet table but I wasn't happy with the logic of it. I am going to try to remember your picture for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too, am teased about my blog topics and the fact that photo-taking delays the start of some meals :)

    But yesterday, DH actually asked if I'd remembered to take my pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious and very pretty Dana. I had another gourmet at my house a few weeks ago. I'll try to post some pictures and recipes.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family cookbook with photos - what a great idea! At least it would give yet another excuse to picture-taking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Dana!
    Your turkey looks very moist!

    ReplyDelete